How is the manufacturing process of EFW pipes carried out?
- A flat strip/ plate is formed into a cylindrical shape through bending or rolling.
- The edges of the cylindrical shell are then heated and fused together using electric resistance or electric fusion welding methods. This creates a continuous weld along the length of the EFW steel pipe.
- It is followed by finishing processes like sizing, straightening & cutting. It achieves the desired dimensions and surface quality.
Purchase Electric Fusion Welding Steel Pipe at factory price
What is an EFW pipe and how does it differ from other types of welded pipes?
EFW or Electric Fusion Welded pipes are manufactured by fusing the edges of flat strip/ plate together using electric resistance/ electric fusion welding procedures. They differ from other types of welded pipes due to their welding procedures
EFW steel pipes are formed by heating & fusing the material edges, creating a continuous weld along the pipe length. This manufacturing method helps with the production of large diameter pipes with uniform wall thicknesses and good weld integrity.
We can provide EFW steel pipe in cut to size requirement
Electric fusion welding pipe
EFW steel pipe
What are the quality control measures implemented during the production of EFW pipes?
- The measures include a thorough inspection of the raw materials of the strips/ plates. This helps ensure their quality and suitability for the welding process.
- The welding process is carefully monitored and controlled to ensure proper fusion & avoid defects.
- Non-destructive testing like ultrasonic testing or radiographic testing, is employed to detect any internal or surface flaws.
- Dimensional checks, visual inspection and mechanical testing are conducted to verify the quality of the finished EFW Welded Steel Pipe.
View temperature range of EFW Welded Steel Pipe
Top notch distributor and exporter of EFW Tubing
Efw welded steel pipe
- Sch 20
- Sch 40
- Sch 80
Electric fusion welding steel pipe
- Positive Material Identification
- Food processing
- Power generation
Electric Fusion Welding Pipe are available with a variety of coatings, including PTFE and epoxy lined.
How are the mechanical properties of EFW pipes determined and tested?
Tensile testing- it measures the strength and ductility of the pipes. It involves applying a controlled force to a sample of the Electric Fusion Welding Steel Pipe until it fractures. It measures the maximum load and determines elongation properties. Other mechanical tests may include hardness testing, impact testing & bending tests. It helps to assess the resistance of the pipe to deformation and toughness.
What is the difference between ERW and EFW pipes?
The main difference lies in the welding process used. ERW pipes are produced by applying an electric current through the edges of a steel strip or plate. EFW Tubing is produced by fusing the edges of a flat strip or plate using electric resistance/ electric fusion welding methods. This difference in welding techniques leads to diff in their appearance, manufacturing efficiency & potential applications.
What are various coatings can be done on Electric Fusion Welding Pipe?
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating – Provides corrosion resistance and is used for underground pipelines.
- Polyethylene Coating – Offers resistance to abrasion and corrosion, suitable for both above ground and underground applications.
- Polyurethane Coating – Provides excellent chemical resistance & mechanical protection.
- Zinc Coating – Offers galvanic protection against corrosion to Electric Fusion Welding Pipe. This protective layer helps to prevent the pipe from rusting and extends its lifespan.