What is steel box section?
A box section made of a steel profile with a hollow rectangular or square shape. The hollow section manufacturers in India manufacture these products for the construction industry and structural applications. These sections offer excellent strength-to-weight ratios and structural integrity. Thus, they are mainly used for load-bearing purposes. Box sections can be easily welded, cut and formed to suit specific design requirements.
View steel rectangular hollow section weight chart and sizes
What is RHS box section?
Steel rectangular box section has a hollow interior space. It is widely used in construction, engineering & architectural applications. RHS box sections offer structural strength and stability but they are lightweight. They can be easily fabricated, welded and assembled into various structures.
Leading distributor and exporter of steel square hollow section and pipe
Steel hollow section
Steel box section
Steel square hollow section
What are the common industry practices for ensuring weld quality in steel rectangular hollow section?
- Proper steel rectangular hollow section preparation is done by cleaning and removing any contaminants. The surfaces are carefully prepared to be free from dirt, oil, rust, or other impurities that could affect the quality of the weld.
- Welding parameters like heat input and travel speed must be carefully controlled to prevent defects like porosity or excessive distortion. It helps to achieve structurally sound and visually appealing steel rectangular hollow sections.
- Employing qualified and experienced welders and use the right welding procedures to weld steel hollow sections.
- Conduct regular inspections on the CHS steel section. Non-destructive testing methods like visual inspection, ultrasonic testing or radiographic examination is used to assess weld quality.
Size range of steel circular hollow section and SHS steel section are available from 1/2″ to 24″
Contact us to get fair and reasonable price for steel box section and CHS steel section
Rhs steel section
- Sch 20
- Sch 40
- Sch 80
Steel circular hollow section
- Size: 15 x 15 mm – 200 x 100 mm
- Thickness: 1,35 mm – 5 mm
Steel rectangular hollow section
- Hot rolled
- Cold drawn
- Cold Rolled
Steel hollow pipe
- Schedule 20
- Schedule 40
- Schedule 80
Steel hollow square pipe
Shs steel section
- Tolerances: +/- 10%
RHS steel section is fully free from internal stress
Are there specific guidelines or standards for heat treatment of SHS steel section?
Specific guidelines & standards exist for the heat treatment of SHS steel section. The heat treatment process involves heating the material to a specific temperature and holding it for a specified duration. It is followed by controlled cooling. The guidelines & standards for heat treatment may vary with the specific grade and application of the steel square hollow section.
How are the tolerances and dimensional accuracy of steel hollow square pipe maintained during manufacturing?
The tolerances and dimensional accuracy of steel hollow square pipes are maintained through various manufacturing processes. Precise tooling and dies are used to ensure consistent dimensions during the forming and shaping of the pipes. Modern manufacturing techniques like cold-forming or hot-finished processes are employed to meet the required tolerances.
Continuous monitoring and quality control measures are carried out throughout the production process. Additionally, industry standards and specifications are adhered to which helps maintain the desired tolerances and dimensional accuracy of the hollow pipes.
What are the common methods for cutting or resizing steel square hollow section to achieve specific sizes?
- Sawing: Using a bandsaw or circular saw equipped with a metal-cutting blade to cut the steel circular hollow section. It is done along the desired length or to resize it to a specific dimension.
- Plasma Cutting: Utilizing a plasma torch that generates a high-temperature plasma jet to melt through the steel. It allows for precise and efficient cutting.
- Laser Cutting: Employing a laser beam to melt and vaporize the steel. This enables precise and intricate cutting with minimal heat affected zone.
- Water Jet Cutting: Utilizing a high pressure jet of water mixed with abrasive particles to cut through the steel rectangular hollow section. It offers precise and clean cuts.
- Shearing: Using a shearing machine or hydraulic press to trim or cut the steel. It is particularly done for thinner sections