Which criteria does ASTM A179 standard covers?
The ASTM A179 standard covers the criteria for seamless cold drawn low cs heat exchanger and condenser tubes. These ASTM A179 heat exchanger tubes are used in heat transfer applications, like tubular heat exchangers, condensers and similar equipment. The standard specifies the dimensions, sizes, tolerances & mechanical properties of the tubes. Are you finding astm a179 tube manufacturer.
Top notch SA179 cold drawn tubes supplier in India
How is the hardness of ASTM A179 tube measured?
The hardness of ASTM A179 tube is measured through the Rockwell hardness test. It is a non destructive test that measures the indentation made by an indenter into the surface of the material. The hardness is calculated based on the depth of the indentation. Different scales can be used to measure the hardness of the tube:
- Rockwell B is a simple test and can be used to measure a range of hardness values.
- Rockwell C uses a different indenter and test load.
- Rockwell superficial measures the surface hardness of the material.
We stock ASTM A179 heat exchanger tubes and seamless tube as per ASME B36.10M standards
ASTM a179 seamless steel tube
Sa179 cold drawn tubes
ASTM a179 heat exchanger tubes
What factors determine the selection of a specific manufacturing method for ASTM A179 seamless steel tube?
- The size and shape of the tube- large diameter ASTM A179 seamless steel tube is manufactured using a different method than small diameter tubes.
- The wall thickness of the tube- thick walled ASTM A179 cold drawn seamless tubes are more difficult to manufacture than thin walled tubes.
- The desired properties of the tube like strength, toughness and corrosion resistance, play a crucial role in determining the appropriate manufacturing method.
- Additionally, the cost of the manufacturing method is an important consideration. Some methods may be more cost-effective than others. The selection of the manufacturing method should strike a balance between achieving the desired properties and optimizing production costs.
Various test are performed on ASTM A179 tube and SA179 Heat Exchanger Tube before dispatching
View the SA 179 Carbon Steel welded Tube and boiler tube chemical and mechanical properties online.
ASTM A179 cold drawn seamless tube
- Hot Dipped Galvanizing
- Epoxy & FBE Coating
- Electro Polish
ASTM A179 carbon steel seamless tube
- Sch 20
- Sch 40
- Sch 80
SA179 heat exchanger tube
- cut to size
- Laser cut
ASME SA179 seamless tube
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Charpy Impact Test
ASTM A179 boiler tube
- Size 8 mm to 127 mm.
- Thickness 0.3 mm to 4mm
Purchase ASTM A179 cold drawn seamless tube at a discount for usage in the marine and oil and gas industries.
What types of defects can be detected using ultrasonic testing in ASME SA179 Seamless Tube?
Ultrasonic testing (UT) can be used to detect various defects in ASME SA179 Seamless Tube. This will include internal and external wall thickness variations, internal and external cracks, laminations and inclusions along with weld defects.
How is the surface roughness of ASTM A179 Boiler Tube measured or quantified?
The surface roughness of ASTM A179 Boiler Tubes can be measured using various methods like profilometry. It involves using a profilometer which a precision instrument that measures the surface profile of a material.
It works by tracing a stylus/ laser over the surface and recording the vertical displacement as it moves along the tube. This data is analyzed to determine parameters like average roughness, root mean square roughness or peak to valley height of the ASTM A179 Carbon Steel Seamless Tube.
What is the temperature range of SA179 tubes?
The temperature range of SA179 tubes lies between ambient to 400°C. These SA179 Heat Exchanger Tubes can withstand elevated temps in heat transfer applications like heat exchangers and condensers. However, the specific temperature limits may vary with operating conditions, pressure & exposure duration of the SA 179 Carbon Steel welded Tube.