What is Heat Treatment Method of carbon steel seamless pipe
- Annealing- it involves heating the carbon steel to a specific temperature (above the critical range) and then allowing it to cool slowly in a controlled manner. It helps to relieve internal stresses, improve ductility, and reduce hardness.
- Normalizing- here, the carbon steel seamless pipe is heated to a temperature above the critical range and then cooled in still air to improve mechanical properties and enhance machinability.
- Quenching- it involves rapidly cooling the heated carbon steel seamless pipe by immersing it in a quenching medium such as oil, water, or polymer to increase hardness and brittleness.
- Tempering- herein your carbon steel seamless pipe manufacturers in India quench the pipe to a specific temperature below the critical range and then allow it to cool in still air. It relieves internal stresses and reduces the brittleness.
We are trusted and reliable Sch 40 High CS pipe supplier
How are carbon steel pipes manufactured?
There are two types of carbon steel pipe- seamless and welded. The seamless pipes are manufactured using a solid cylindrical steel billet- it is heated and pierced to create a hollow shell. This shell is then rolled and stretched to reduce its diameter and increase its length. Whereas, welded low carbon steel pipe is manufactured by welding two pieces of steel together. The welded seam is then subjected to different finishing processes- this includes heat treatment, testing, and inspection, to ensure quality and durability.
Thickness of High carbon steel pipe range from Schedule 5 to Schedule XXS
Carbon steel seamless pipe
Sch 40 high cs pipe
High carbon steel pipe
How to order CS pipe?
When ordering carbon steel CS pipes, several factors should be considered.
- Start by specifying the pipe size, schedule, and length required.
- Determine the desired material grade and whether CS seamless pipes or welded pipes are needed.
- Consider the application and any specific requirements such as corrosion resistance or high temperature resistance.
- Specify any additional features like threading or coatings.
- Lastly, provide the required quantity and delivery schedule. Communicate these details to reliable and reputed carbon steel pipe suppliers like Hitech Metal and Tubes to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
Contact us to get fair and reasonable price for High carbon steel pipe
Leading stockist and distributor of High temperature carbon steel pipes and CS seamless pipe
- Schedule 20
- Schedule 40
- Schedule 80
Cs seamless pipe
- cut to size
- Laser cut
Low carbon steel pipe
- Hydro test
- Eddy Current Test
- Heat Treatment
Get free sample of Low carbon steel pipe before dispatch of complete order
How to prevent carbon steel pipe corrosion?
- Applying protective coatings- epoxy or polyethylene creates a barrier between the high temperature carbon steel pipes surface and corrosive elements.
- Regular inspection and maintenance- these are crucial to identify and address any signs of corrosion promptly.
- Implementing cathodic protection methods- like sacrificial anodes or impressed current systems can help mitigate corrosion.
- Controlling the environment by reducing moisture, avoiding exposure to corrosive chemicals, and implementing proper insulation can further prevent carbon steel pipes corrosion.
Which certificates are essential while buying high carbon steel pipe and why?
When purchasing high carbon steel pipe certain certificates are essential to ensure quality and compliance. The most crucial ones will include Mill Test Certificates (MTC), which verify the chemical composition, mechanical properties, and manufacturing process of the pipes. Additionally, certifications such as ISO 9001 and API 5L/5CT demonstrate adherence to international quality standards. These certificates provide assurance of the pipes’ performance, durability, and suitability for the intended application- they help buyers make informed decisions and maintain quality control throughout the procurement process.
What are various surface treatment process of Sch 40 carbon steel pipes
- Hot-dip galvanizing- immersing the Sch 40 carbon steel pipe in molten zinc to form a protective zinc coating.
- Painting- applying a layer of paint or epoxy coating to provide a barrier against corrosive elements.
- Varnishing- coating the pipe with a varnish or lacquer for aesthetic appeal and protection.
- Shot blasting- bombarding the pipe surface with abrasive materials to remove scale and rust.