FBE EXTERNAL & INTERNAL COATING
FBE EXTERNAL & INTERNAL COATING
DUAL LAYER FBE COATING (UV RESISTANT OVERCOAT)
Hi-Tech Metal & Tubes manufactures carbon steel pipes coated externally with dual layer fusion bonded epoxy coating. The external coating is provided for corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, UV resistance and has very low moisture permeability. Internal coating is of fusion bonded epoxy. It provides low frictional resistance thereby increasing “C” value, it also prevents encrustation.
The two coating layers in dual layer coated pipe are as follows:
Layer 1: This is the corrosion protective layer. This layer is of fusion bonded epoxy which offers very good corrosion protection. The fusion bonded epoxy has a very good bonding with the blasted steel surface.
Layer 2: This layer is a coat of fusion bonded polyester. This layer absorbs the UV radiation that causes degradation and erosion of the FBE coating.
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Dual layer coated pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.20
- AWWA C 213
- IS 3589 Annexure C
Long term corrosion & weathering protection:
- Base coat of fusion bonded epoxy has excellent adhesion to steel & provides long term corrosion protection to steel pipelines operating over a wide range of temperatures.
- Provides excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- Top coat of Fusion bonded polyester provides U V protection & protection from harsh weather conditions for the designed lifespan.
- Coating has been designed for good chemical resistance under various installation conditions.
- Internal coating of fusion bonded epoxy helps in corrosion protection and provides a smooth surface thereby increasing “C” value.
Long Working Life:
- Dual layer external coating and FBE internal lining can be applied from diameters 300 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- Bends (Elbows), Tees, reducers, couplers can be coated with same coating.
- Available in green, blue, red and yellow colors.
- Coating life expectancy of above 75 years.
- High productivity rate enabling quicker availability of coated pipe on site.
- Protection over a wide temperature range.
- Ability to be stored & used in all climatic conditions.
Long term adhesion to steel.
- Resistance to UV radiation & rain.
- High resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- High Gloss and smooth coatings gives pleasant appearance.
- Provides enhanced corrosion resistant properties.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Excellent electrical insulation.
- Low water absorption.
- Pinhole free homogeneous coating.
- 100% Solvent free- environmentally friendly and no risk of solvent entrapment.
Dual layer coated pipes are used for above ground exposed pipelines. These dual layer coatings provide excellent long term corrosion protection & very good resistance to cathodic disbondment. The coating also withstands the harsh weather conditions, be it harsh UV radiation, pollution or heavy rains. These pipes are manufactured Dual layer coated pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are installed above ground.
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines (Only external dual layer coating).
- In plant process water applications.
- Diameter range 300mm to 3000 mm
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 80o C
- Internal lining: Maximum up to 750 microns
- External coating: Maximum up to 750 microns
Our Products Range