Which property of Astm a335 erw pipe make it suitable to used in sour environments?
The Astm a335 erw pipe is suitable for use in sour environments primarily due to its excellent corrosion resistance property. The pipe is made from alloy steel grades that offer enhanced resistance to sulfide stress cracking (SSC) and hydrogen-induced cracking (HIC). These along with material selection and manufacturing processes, ensure the integrity and durability of the pipe when exposed to sour environments.
We are reknowed Sch 40 AS welded pipe supplier in India
What is the difference between Alloy steel erw and efw pipe?
The main difference between AS erw pipe and EFW pipe lies in the welding process used to manufacture them. ERW pipes are manufactured by rolling and welding steel flat sheets into a cylindrical shape. Whereas, Astm a335 erw pipes are formed by melting and fusing the edges of a steel plate or strip to form a seamless tube.
Additionally, ERW pipes are used for smaller diameters & lower pressure applications. Alloy steel efw pipes are suitable for larger diameters and higher pressure environments. They also tend to have thicker walls and offer excellent strength and corrosion resistance properties.
Get 100% radiography test report with Welded alloy steel pipes
Alloy steel erw pipe
Schedule 40 alloy steel welded pipe
Alloy steel efw pipe
How to ensure weld quality while welding Alloy steel welded pipe
- Proper pre weld preparation is essential. This includes cleaning & removing any contaminants from the surface.
- Adequate heat input and controlled welding parameters must be maintained to achieve a sound weld.
- Employing qualified & skilled welders with experience in welding Alloy steel welded pipe is crucial. Additionally, it is important to employ appropriate filler materials that closely match the composition of the base metal. This ensures the integrity and strength of the welded joints, resulting in reliable and high-quality connections.
- Also conduct post weld heat treatment as it can enhance the weld’s mechanical properties. It also help prevent issues like cracking/ brittleness.
- Regular inspections and non-destructive testing methods should be implemented on Welded alloy steel pipes. This is to assess the quality and integrity of the weld.
Material Test Certificates are provided with Alloy steel efw pipe and Chrome moly welded pipes
Buy ANSI b36.10 alloy steel erw pipe at factory price for oil and gas and marine industry use
Ansi b36.10 alloy steel erw pipe
- EN 10204 / 3.1B
- Raw Materials Certificate
- Third Party Inspection
Chrome moly welded pipes
- Size 8 mm to 127 mm.
- Thickness 0.3 mm to 4mm
Erw low alloy steel pipe
- Positive Material Identification
ASTM a335 erw pipe
- Sch 20
- Sch 40
- Sch 80
Welded alloy steel pipes
- Hot rolled
- Cold drawn
- Cold Rolled
As erw pipe
- Solution Annealed
Erw low AS pipe and alloy steel welded pipe stock for sale in Mumbai
How hic test is perform on Chrome moly welded pipes?
The HIC (Hydrogen-Induced Cracking) test is performed on Chrome moly welded pipes to evaluate their resistance to hydrogen-induced cracking. The test involves exposing the pipe specimen to a solution containing hydrogen sulfide (H2S) gas under specific temperature and pressure conditions.
The duration of exposure varies with the testing standards & requirements. Once the designated exposure time has elapsed, the specimen undergoes thorough examination to detect any indications of cracking/ damage.
What is advanatges of ANSI b36.10 alloy steel erw pipe?
- ANSI b36.10 alloy steel erw pipe provides precise dimensional standards. It ensures consistency in the pipe’s outer diameter, wall thickness, and length.
- It allows for easy compatibility and interchangeability with other ANSI B36.10-compliant components.
- Additionally, the standard specifies tolerances aids in achieving proper fit and alignment during installation.
- The ANSI B36.10 standard ensures that alloy steel ERW pipes meet the required mechanical and chemical properties. It guarantees reliable performance in various industrial applications.
What factors determine the price of Erw low alloy steel pipe?
- The raw material cost, including the price of low alloy steel, plays a significant role.
- The manufacturing process and complexity of the Erw low alloy steel pipe can also influence the price.
- Market demand and supply dynamics, including factors like availability and competition, can impact pricing.
- Additionally, pipe size, wall thickness & length can contribute to the overall cost.
- Quality certifications, testing requirements, and additional services provided by the supplier may also affect the price.